Warehouse, Merchandising & Membership Specialist
The Mule Deer Foundation (MDF) has an exciting opportunity for a specialist within its Merchandising and Membership Department. MDF is the only national wildlife conservation organization 100% committed to ensuring the conservation of mule deer, black-tailed deer and their habitat. The incumbent will be part of the team that supports the fundraising and membership departments for the organization.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing and will be tasked with responsibilities ranging from vendor relations with MDF’s vendor direct program, to warehouse logistics, as well as supporting membership with fulfillment services for select members and supporters. This is a fulltime exempt position located in MDF’s national headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah.
MDF’s mission is ensuring the conservation of mule deer, black-tailed deer and their habitat. MDF accomplishes our mission through local grassroot volunteers, dedicated staff, and partnerships with other conservation organizations and agencies.
- Maintains processing orders, receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Controls and manages inventory by conducting regular physical counts, reconciling within inventory system and achieving financial objectives by working within the annual merchandising budget and scheduling expenditures
- Manages the warehouse to ensure a clean and safe atmosphere for order fulfillment and logistics
- Works with vendors regarding product purchasing and inventory selection for fundraising opportunities, whether it be for branded in-house merchandise or through MDF’s vendor direct merchandising program
- Maintain and grow MDF’s vendor direct program with key vendors to generate funds through MDF’s fundraising programs
- Assists in maintaining the chapter ordering portal and keeping up-to-date product information for internal product orders
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops to be compliant with all federal, state and local warehousing, material handling, FFL and shipping requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Membership Services
- Work closely with MDF’s Marketing & Membership Specialist to maintain and update membership fulfillment within MDF’s CRM system with its annual members
- Provide assistance in membership fulfillment with MDF’s Sponsor, Life and Heritage Life members
- Data entry within MDF’s CRM system allowing accurate and up-to-date member information
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED; Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and CRM applications
- NetSuite experience preferred as well as the ability to learn new applications
- Team oriented and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Authorization to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our organization
Salary/Benefits: $35,000 – $50,000, DOE. Comprehensive Benefit Package and 401K
Location: MDF national headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Application Deadline: 12/10/2021
Anticipated Start Date: 1/3/2022
MDF is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
Successful candidate will be required to pass a background check and drug test as condition of employment with MDF.