Mule Deer Foundation’s (MDF) Regional Directors organize local volunteer chapters to hold fundraising events in support of the continued mission accomplishment of MDF, ensuring the conservation of mule deer, black-tailed deer and their habitat. Although primarily a fundraising position, Regional Directors also represent the organization with many State and Federal agencies, along with other related Conservation groups and events. As such, a thorough understanding of MDF programs and conservation efforts is critical.
More about MDF:
MDF’s mission is Ensuring the Conservation of Mule Deer, Black-Tailed Deer and their Habitat. MDF accomplishes our mission through local grassroot volunteers, dedicated staff, partnerships with other conservation organizations, state and federal agencies, and industry partners.
Our goals include:
- Restoring, improving and conserving mule deer and black-tailed deer habitat
- Encouraging and supporting responsible wildlife management
- Supporting regulated hunting as a viable component of conservation
- Promoting public education and scientific research
- Recruiting, retaining and reactivating new hunters
- Supporting and encouraging responsible and ethical behavior and awareness of issues affecting mule deer and black-tailed deer
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare annual budget projections for Director of Field Operations approval, and maintaining a consistent net increase year over year and effectively develop and share new fundraising ideas.
- Develop, organize and guide chapter committees with the planning and execution of successful fundraising events, including virtual event opportunities, to meet annual budget.
- Work closely with Chapter Committees to ensure effective event planning (merchandise, venue, etc.) and subsequent event reporting (preliminary and final financial reporting) consistent with MDF established practices and procedures.
- Complete and submit in a timely manner all forms and reports regarding chapter development, event planning and event reporting as outlined in MDF’s processes and procedures.
- Engage with State Chairs and Chapter Committees to recognize volunteer efforts, drive greater awareness of MDF and explore opportunities to expand MDF’s presence.
- Develop an awareness and understanding of current issues within the wildlife conservation industry and possess the ability and willingness to share this knowledge with others (members, supporters, media, etc.) as needed, in an informative and timely manner.
- Ensure volunteer/chapter compliance with financial policies and operating/reporting procedures, in accordance with both MDF and state requirements relating to gaming and reporting obligations.
- Promote the MDF Outreach Program within the Chapter framework and assist Chapters with initiating, planning and conducting related events.
- Leverage various media platforms (social media, traditional media, speaking opportunities, etc.) to promote MDF goals, objectives and accomplishments at the state and local levels.
- Support the MDF national convention efforts, working with the convention team, volunteers, vendors and donors; advise convention team of possible sponsorship opportunities and assist with these opportunities as appropriate.
- Along with State Chair and MDF Conservation Staff, serve as co-chair of respective Project Review Committee(s) (PRCs) and the related Chapter Rewards program to recommend strategic conservation projects for funding.
- Submit State Spotlights, News from the Field and related updates for the MDF member magazine and related publications.
- In consultation with MDF leadership, be prepared to address issues regarding MDF activities, programs and policy positions as situations arise.
- Inform Director of Field Operations on all pertinent matters in a timely manner.
- Submit ad hoc reports, as requested from time to time by the Director of Field Operations, in a thorough and timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED; Associates Degree or higher preferred
- 3+ years non-profit fundraising experience or preferred
- Sales or strong customer service experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Oracle or other CRM applications and social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram)
- Team oriented and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Authorization to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our organization
- Passion for wildlife conservation and supportive of the role hunting plays in conservation
Extensive travel is required. Individual must be able to work any day of the week, including Saturdays and Sundays. Individual must be able to work late at night (often until after midnight). Individual must be capable of sitting for long periods in a car or on an airplane. Must be able to work at a computer terminal for extended periods, stand for intervals of two to six hours and lift heavy items (up to 50 pounds).
Colorado, primary area of responsibility is Colorado.
Salary/Benefits: $50 – 65K, DOE. Comprehensive Benefit Package and 401K
Application Deadline: Feb 1st, 2023, tentative starting date is March 1st, 2023
Successful candidate will be required to pass a background check, credit check and drug test as condition of employment with MDF.
MDF is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
* The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements. The MDF is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit conservation organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year DOE
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
The Mule Deer Foundation is the only conservation group in North America dedicated to restoring, improving and protecting mule deer and black-tailed deer and their habitat, with a focus on science and program efficiency. MDF is a strong voice for hunters in access, wildlife management and conservation policy issues. MDF acknowledges regulated hunting as a viable management component and is committed to recruitment and retention of youth into the shooting sports and conservation. Get involved in your state or become a member at www.muledeer.org or call 1-888-375-3337.