Job Description – Marketing & Membership Specialist
The Mule Deer Foundation (MDF) has an exciting opportunity for a specialist within its Marketing & Membership Department. MDF is the only national wildlife conservation organization 100% committed to ensuring the conservation of mule deer, black-tailed deer and their habitat. The incumbent will be part of the team that promotes the organizations accomplishments and attracts new partners in addition to providing valuable support for MDF members.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing and will be tasked with responsibilities ranging from increasing brand consistency and awareness across multiple communication platforms, to managing membership and development campaigns, as well leading fulfillment services for select members and supporters. This is a fulltime exempt position located in MDF’s national headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah.
MDF’s mission is ensuring the conservation of mule deer, black-tailed deer and their habitat. MDF accomplishes our mission through local grassroot volunteers, dedicated staff, and partnerships with other conservation organizations and agencies.
Our goals include:
- Restoring, improving and conserving mule deer and black-tailed deer habitat
- Encouraging and supporting responsible wildlife management
- Supporting regulated hunting as a viable component of conservation
- Promoting public education and scientific research
- Recruiting, retaining and reactivating new hunters
- Supporting and encouraging responsible and ethical behavior and awareness of issues affecting mule deer and black-tailed deer
- Marketing & Social Media:
- Develop creative materials supporting marketing, fundraising and membership initiatives
- Creation of visual assets through Adobe applications (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Assist with creation and distribution of press releases and eBlast communications across all constituents
- Assist in creation and distribution of social media content
- Assist with donor relations and fundraising campaigns
- Ensure consistent branding and messaging
- Work with select industry vendors to support the marketing and promotional needs of various fundraising activities
- Membership Services:
- Develop marketing materials in support of national/state/local campaigns (print, digital and social media)
- Manage membership CRM and related fulfillment for select members including: Sponsor, Life and Heritage Life Members
- Optimize existing MDF relationships with industry partners to develop exclusive monthly member benefits
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED; Associates Degree or higher preferred
- 3+ years marketing experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, CRM applications, social media platforms, and various Adobe applications
- WordPress and Netsuite experience preferred as well as the ability to learn new applications
- Team oriented and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Authorization to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our organization
Salary/Benefits: $40 – 60K, DOE. Comprehensive Benefit Package and 401K
Application Deadline: September 27, 2021
To Apply: Please submit a brief cover letter and resume to Jared Wire at Jared@muledeer.org with the subject line: “Application for Marketing & Membership Specialist”.
Successful candidate will be required to pass a background check and drug test as condition of employment with MDF.
MDF is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.