The Chief Operations Officer (COO) is a key member of the Mule Deer Foundation Executive Team and is responsible for managing day-to-day operations in the Salt Lake City MDF office and the Field Operations organizations.
The COO will report to the President/Chief Executive Officer and will have direct reports in the Logistics, Accounting, Field Operations and Merchandising departments.
The essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• In cooperation with the Board of Directors and the CEO, the COO will manage and execute the Mule Deer Foundation strategic plan.
• Present the strategic plan and associated updates to the MDF staff as needed.
• Develop specific Key Performance Metrics for relevant departments (marketing, office operations, field operations, logisitics) and report performance on a regular basis to the CEO.
• Work with each MDF department to develop overall strategies and departmental tactics supporting the overall organizational mission.
• Analyzes and interprets data and metrics, and manages the subsequent actions taken.
• Establish policies which create and maintain a positive organizational culture, both in Salt Lake City and in the field.
• Creates a work environment (both in Salt Lake City and in the field) that recruits, retains and supports quality employees through positive leadership which encourages maximum performance and dedication to the organization.
• Oversees continuous improvement to the business and field operations.
• Particpates on the Western Hunting & Conservation Expo planning team and attends all planning meetings.
• Oversees the relationships and interactions with members, vendors/suppliers and partners throughout the organization.
• Upholds and promotes MDF’s values and philosophy relating to ethics, integrity and mission.
• Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, and all Company rules and policies.
• Regular attendance in the Salt Lake City office is an essential function of this position.
• Regularly attend at least six banquets or field conservation projects (ex. water guzzlers) per year.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business or a related field required
• Master’s in Business or Marketing preferred
• Ten years of progressively more responsible positions in management or business.
• Experience in the Shooting, Hunting or Outdoor industry, preferably with a non-profit conservation organization
• Experience supervising and managing a professional NGO staff and outside agencies or partners
• Ability to be a courageous leader and practice good followership in an environment of constant change
• Demonstrated ability to improve productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution
• Commitment to continuous learning.
MDF offers a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, 401K, PTO, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission! The position is located at the MDF Headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.